Hey everyone, Clark here, welcome to BecomeWealthyWithMe.com. As you can see from the title, my answer to the question “Is Internet marketing a good career?” is yes, and below let me show you how you can get started on a lucrative career in Internet marketing. You can get started with this while having a full-time job, so there’s no need to quit just yet, though you might want to once you start to earn some good money.
You can “do” Internet marketing from the comfort of your own home, or from anywhere in the world basically. All you need is a laptop and Internet connection. In 2017, there are 3.5-plus billion people online, browsing the internet to look for products and services to fulfil their needs. Billions of dollars are being spent online every day. Just reaching out to, say, 0.1% of them can potentially earn you a full-time (or multiple) passive income.
When I got started in Internet marketing, I had no prior experience in managing an online (or any kind of) business, and no prior experience in selling. But that’s no problem because all that is required of you is to communicate like you do with your friends or family. I also did not have my own product, and I did not use any capital apart from my laptop and Internet connection, which I already had. Now I am in the business of Internet marketing full-time.
It has been proven over and over again that by spending just 4-6 hours a day on your website, it is absolutely possible to build a full-time income business within 6 months of getting started.
What Will You Actually Do?
Internet marketing consists of 4 fundamental steps:
1) Choose a niche. A niche is an audience that you want to market to. Choose a “topic” that you enjoy, so that this will not feel like a job and you can be more productive.
2) Build a website, which is going to be your online “store”. With a website, your visitors can learn more about a product you’re promoting and how it can help them. Nowadays, building a website is no longer something technical or complicated (more on that below).
3) Get lots of free traffic (website visitors) by writing captivating, informative, accurate and opinionated CONTENT that explains to your website visitors how you can help with their problems. Another key to getting lots of free traffic is publishing high-quality content frequently, which will put you in good standing with Google and other search engines.
4) Earn money, through affiliate marketing (which is the process of promoting other people’s products or services), placing “ads” (advertisements) on your website, etc.
To do steps 2-4 well, getting the right training is absolutely essential. This is where Wealthy Affiliate is ahead of the competition. So to get started on a lucrative career in Internet marketing, read my review of Wealthy Affiliate, and join on a starter account for free. With a starter membership, you get to:
1) Access the first 10 lessons of each of their 2 “official” training courses. These 20 beginner training lessons will be good enough for you to build your first website and get your online business rolling
2) Build and “host” 2 free websites. At Wealthy Affiliate, building a website is something that can be done in less than a minute. As you go through the free training, you can apply what you’ve learnt with these 2 sites
3) Network with a MASSIVE community of Internet marketers, many of whom HAVE built successful business(es) online
How Much Can You Realistically Make?
Below is how a lucrative career path in Internet marketing might look, and it’s a realistic one:
Month 1 – Just setting up your website and SEO (Search Engine Optimization – don’t worry about it now). Published 5-10 posts on your site. Potential earnings: $0
Month 3 – Your content is starting to get “ranked”, and traffic is beginning to increase. You have made a few sales with 30-60 posts on your site. Potential earnings: $0-$500 per month
Month 6 – You’re starting to gain some expertise and brand. You’re making consistent sales, at least several per week. You’ve 60-100 posts on your site. Potential earnings: $500-$3,000 per month
1 year – Google and other search engines are granting your site with some serious “authority”. You’re making sales daily with 100-150 posts on your site. Potential earnings: $3,000-$10,000 per month
2 years – Your business is thriving – you are a noticeable force in the search engine world. Potential earnings: $10,000-$20,000 per month
5 years – You are an AUTHORITY in the industry. You are scaling your business through paid channels, and have made several hires, including content writers and a website designer. Potential earnings: $20,000-$50,000 per month
That’s all from me today. If you have any questions or comments about Internet marketing, please feel free to leave them below and I’ll be more than happy to help you out. Thanks!