Hello everybody, this is Clark, welcome to BecomeWealthyWithMe.com. If you’re here, chances are you’re at least considering a career change, that is if you haven’t already quit your job. Below I’ll share my thoughts and opinion on what is the best career change in this day and age (the word “ever” in the title might be a little strong).
Due to the options available nowadays, especially with the Internet boom, a career change is becoming more and more common. Don’t be hasty though, test drive the recommended career below before quitting your job.
More Than 50% Of People Hate Their Jobs!
According to a survey by Gallup, 70% of Americans are either not happy at their jobs or downright hate them.
If you ever woke up one morning and ask yourself “Why am I doing this?”, you’re not alone.
I believe many people, especially those in well-paying jobs and/or prestigious firms indeed feel lucky to have a job there, but a lot of them are unhappy. The reasons include lack of work-life balance, feeling burned out, office politics, stress of being in a high-ranking position, lack of promotion opportunities, and feeling underappreciated.
If you’re considering a career change, my personal recommendation is to create an online business that could generate you a full-time passive income (or much, much more), IF you put in the hard work required during the initial stage of your business. Online marketing is NOT a scam, although there are MANY dubious websites out there. Some are not utter scams but overpromise/under-deliver.
Creating a Business Online – Where and How
Online (Internet) marketing is the process of promoting a brand, product or service on the Internet, and not necessarily your own. The word “marketing” might scare lots of people, but prior experience in sales is not even slightly necessary to be successful. In online marketing, you just have to communicate in writing the same way you speak to your friends or family members. It is free to create an online business, and you don’t need to create your own product.
With billions of dollars being spent on products and services on the Internet daily, online marketing certainly has GREAT potential for all of us.
The 4 steps in online marketing are:
1) Choose a niche, which is a group of people looking for the same thing. Your niche could be weight loss, personal development, pets, music, anything. And with 3.5-plus billion people online, even the smallest of niches can be profitable. Once you’ve selected a niche, you have a direction for your business.
2) Build a website, which is your “retail store” online, where you welcome potential buyers and promote relevant products to them. By registering for a free account at Wealthy Affiliate, you can build 2 websites on their SiteRubix platform, which takes less than a minute to get a fully operational WordPress website up and running.
3) Attract lots of visitors (traffic) to come to your site, by publishing relevant, engaging and informative content that helps your potential buyers with their problems or get what they want; and by publishing high-quality content frequently during the initial stage of your business. Both these actions will put you in the good books of Google and other search engines.
4) Earn money. Once you have a website, there are many ways to make money online. Affiliate marketing, where you promote other people’s products, is one of the most popular and lucrative ways. Another very common method is placing advertisements on your website, and each time one of your visitors clicks on an ad, you earn some money.
If you spend a few hours on your business every day during the initial stage of your business, it is MORE than possible to have a full-time income business within 6 months of building your website. If you want to know how much you can realistically earn over the next few years, read my post below (second half of page):
You’ll learn the process of online marketing in more detail once you register for a free starter account at Wealthy Affiliate. As a starter,
1) You have access to the first 10 lessons of their 2 “official” training courses. These 20 beginner lessons alone will guide you to build your first website online and get your business started
2) You can build and “host” 2 free websites, and apply what you’ve learnt from the free training
3) You’ll have access to an ENORMOUS community of online marketers, and many of them have already built lucrative online businesses.
To create a successful business online, you need to have the right training, the right website platform, and expert HELP. Wealthy Affiliate provides all three and it is free to get started.
And that’s all from me today. If you have any questions or comments about online or Internet marketing, please feel free to leave them below and I’ll be more than happy to help you out. Thanks a lot!